What personal information is collected?
The information we gather and store about you depends on how you use our Site.
Personal information such as your name, company and email address will be collected when you submit it to us for certain products and services.
When you browse our Site, anonymous data is gathered which may include your computer browser type, including the computer’s IP address and location, operating system and the web pages you visit. When you access our site from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier contained in that device so that we can display or format relevant content for that device.
What cookies do we use?
Cookies are small text files that are put on your computer by websites you visit. Cookies enable websites to work and provide information to website owners as to how the website is used. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Declining cookies may prevent some website functions from working.
Invisible Connections Ltd uses the following cookies on our Site.
- Cookie Disclaimer cookie: This cookie keeps the Cookie Disclaimer hidden once you’ve accepted it. This cookie expires after one month.
Third party cookies are set by:
- CloudFlare DNS: The __cfduid cookie improves Site performance and protects our Site by performing Domain Name System (DNS) security checks. The cookie is used to identify individual visitors behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in your web application and does not store any personally identifiable information. This cookie expires after one year. See Cloudflare Support for more information.
What are the purposes of collecting personal information?
We may use data relating to your business to facilitate trading with you and your company and for general correspondence with your staff.
We may use your personal data:
- to provide information you have requested about our products and services
- to keep you posted on Site updates and changes including improvements
- to request feedback on our Site
You may opt out of receiving correspondence from us at any time. Marketing emails that we send to you will have an ‘Unsubscribe’ option.
Anonymous information as to how you navigate the Site is gathered so that we may keep track of traffic on our Site, improve the Site’s usability and functionality and evaluate campaigns.
Who do we share your data with?
To provide you with quotes, products and services we may need to share your contact information with other Invisible Connections companies. Contact details may be passed to outside companies (i.e. suppliers, sub-contractors, haulage companies) to help provide our goods or services.
Your personal/company details will never be shared with third parties unless express permission has been given by you or your organisation and only in relation to direct business requirements, or if required by law or other court order.
We will not sell, rent or share personal data to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Where is personal information stored and for how long?
All data submitted to the Site is kept on secure servers by our web hosting company.
Contact information is kept for the duration of any contract with you or your organisation and for 6 years after the account is closed. We will have yearly reviews to remove all personal data from our systems after this time.
What are your rights?
Regarding personal data about you that we hold, the General Data Protection Act entitles you to:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you have any concerns or questions regarding any of the above please email us at [email protected] or telephone us +44 (0)1844 266000 or write to us at Invisible Connections Ltd, Unit 6, Jane Morbey Road, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3RR.
If you think your personal information has been handled incorrectly, the supervisory authority for complaints is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).