REDiBOX Wall Recess Former Specification
REDiBOX is manufactured from durable and recyclable high density polyethylene (HDPE) and sized to provide generous installation tolerance.
Features and benefits
- Recess fits within the depth of the floor so that the connection is hidden and clean architectural lines can be realised.
- Once grouted the recess former is protected from fire so that fire resistance and reaction to fire requirements can be met.
- Appropriate for installation across all concrete wall construction techniques (slip-form, jump-form or precast).
- Different floor shapes and connector layouts can be accommodated and robustness compliance achieved.
- Ribbed monocoque structure on back and sides provides strength and a substantial key to anchor it into the concrete wall.
- Fully sealed unit ensures the recess will be clean once the face-plate is removed.
- The rear of the detachable face-plate has an inset perimeter rib, which provides a close fit to the box and also maintains the shape of the recess former under concrete pressure.
- The face-plate can be nailed to timber moulds or shutters. Alternatively, the integral lugs (two on four sides) provide fixing points to tie-wire the unit to the wall reinforcement (suitable for slip-forms).
- Recyclable face-plate incorporates a central ‘soft-eye’ into which a hammer-claw can be inserted to pull and detach, revealing the clear recess.
- REDiBOX PRF-STD: For use with TSS 41, TSS 101, TSS 102, RVK 101. When rotated 90 degrees may also be used with DTS 120 and DTS 150 connectors to support lightweight beam connections and Double Tee floors.
- REDiBOX PRF-PIN: For use with TSS 81-30 and RVK 101-30 connectors.
- [REDiBOX PRF-STD] – Standard version, 180 x 120 x 104 mm (internal, w x h x d).
- [REDiBOX PRF-PIN] – Pinned version, 180 x 230 x 120 mm (internal, w x h x d).
- REDiBOX PRF-STD: Used where layout of connectors inherently tie floor or landing in position.
- REDiBOX PRF-PIN: Supplied with a white rebar tie-pin and 3D restraint U-bar with wire-tied crossbar. The white rebar tie-pin is conveniently housed inside the back of the recess former, easily accessed to position it through the hole in the telescopic connector and into the lower pocket of the recess former (thus enabling the axial tie). Alternatively, the entire unit can be secured into position using loose ‘trappings bars’ (not supplied) wired back to the main wall reinforcement.
- [Foam rod]
- [Levelling shims]
Guidance for REDiBOX
- As standard.
- Durable and environmentally recyclable HDPE.
REDiBOX PRF-STD: ±35 mm.
REDiBOX PRF-PIN: +30/ -10 mm.
±40 mm (minimum).
I’ve used your services on my last three projects (telescopic connectors for precast and continuity strip for in-situ). You’re very good at accommodating site demands for lead-in times and value competitiveness. Very happy with the service I’ve received on all three projects and hope this relationship will continue on future developments.
Telescopic connectors provide us numerous advantages for precast stair installation. Apart from improved time and efficiency, the health and safety gains over traditional support methods are a key driver to satisfy our own needs, as well as those of our clients.
As specialists in precast concrete car park construction, we use telescopic connectors for many key applications. Particularly, the BSF system helps us to construct a ‘modern’ frame without cumbersome corbel supports and enables rapid assembly on site. The technical back-up provided by Invisible Connections provides us with added reassurance.
Thank you for sending the calculations and installation advice. The new calculation software looks great. Very clear, user friendly and with more design checks than the previous version. It’s a pleasure to see how you are constantly improving.