RVK Stair Landing Connectors Specification
The Invisible Connections range of telescopic connectors was developed to solve the problem of unsightly support systems for precast slabs and beams, such as traditional bracketry and/ or corbel support details.
They consist of a cast-in, structural steel hollow section with inner structural steel hollow section deployed during installation. The position of the inner tube of the RVK unit is adjusted through a slot in the surface of the staircase element. The units have a safety stop at the back of the inner tube to prevent overextension. The range of RVK connectors are primarily intended for precast stairs and landings, with a standard capacity of 100 kN. They are also useful for conditions other than stairs.
- No bolts required.
- Recess in wall provides ample tolerance.
- No traditional angle supports means no crane.
- Recesses are formed between wall reinforcement.
- Tolerance gap required only 20 mm between landing and wall.
- No tools required.
- No obstructions means a clear route for following trades.
- All operations are safely conducted from above landing.
- Connectors automatically fireproofed after grouting.
- Connectors are concealed from view.
- Handles any shape concrete element.
- [RVK 101] – 100 kN capacity.
- [RVK 101-30] – See options.
- [RVK 101-30-E20] – See options.
- RVK 101-30 (pinned version) provides an axial tie into the wall, satisfying robustness requirements where only two walls are available for connection, if this cannot be achieved using the standard RVK 101 in an orthogonal layout.
- RVK 101-30-E20 (extended version) spans the large air gap between landing and wall whilst maintaining secure embedment (in wall).
- Outer tube: 120 x 60 x 4 mm.
- Inner tube: 100 x 50 x 6 mm.
- [Hot dipped galvanized]
- Steel (grade S355, minimum).
Concrete strength class
- C35/45, minimum.
Reaction to fire
- Class A1, according to EN 13501-1.
Thank you for sending the calculations and installation advice. The new calculation software looks great. Very clear, user friendly and with more design checks than the previous version. It’s a pleasure to see how you are constantly improving.
I’ve used your services on my last three projects (telescopic connectors for precast and continuity strip for in-situ). You’re very good at accommodating site demands for lead-in times and value competitiveness. Very happy with the service I’ve received on all three projects and hope this relationship will continue on future developments.
Telescopic connectors provide us numerous advantages for precast stair installation. Apart from improved time and efficiency, the health and safety gains over traditional support methods are a key driver to satisfy our own needs, as well as those of our clients.
As specialists in precast concrete car park construction, we use telescopic connectors for many key applications. Particularly, the BSF system helps us to construct a ‘modern’ frame without cumbersome corbel supports and enables rapid assembly on site. The technical back-up provided by Invisible Connections provides us with added reassurance.